Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Wee reasons to go to the Spa!



Dear blog,
Is it possible that I have neglected you for  6 years and 6 months a little while?


You ask where I have been during this long hiatus?


I don't suppose you'll believe me if I said that I adopted the bohemian life;
roamed the world, slept on the beach, sailed the seven seas, climbed Everest...
No?


You'll be right because even though I did roam a little and I do dress slightly bohemian unorthodoxly... that was not my excuse.


But you have to admit that living a bohemian life does sound very exciting!


Imagine all the places you can go...
Uh!
You found me out... I am trying to change the subject.


How about I give you a massage to make you feel better?


It is the perfect day! The air is fresh, the sky is clear and the water is azure...
and there is nothing like a massage to improve your mood!


So make yourself comfortable!


Ready when you are....


You don't seem to be enjoying this?
I know that my hands are too big I am a bit clumsy...
but I am trying my best!


We're done... you can take a shower...
  

Towels are ready... and make sure to check out the miniature rocks.


And the wee shells...
Nature is so miniature perfect, isn't it?


Feel free to use the lemon grass soap... it is so fragrant!


Yes I know we are lacking proper plumbing - but this is a miniature spa beach spa.


It was great seeing you again! Hope to bump into you soon before another 6 years fly by!


And we are living in turbulent times:
Peace be with you!


 PS. This miniature room was based on the bathroom in the Balinese house of John and Cynthia Hardy.
The House is in Ubud and completely open to the elements.


Living in a place where there are no windows remains a dream.



Changing the world into miniature; slowly, but I'll get there.




10 comments:

rosanna said...

Lize, how happy I am to find a post from you !!!
Nice to see you again my friend and I do love your spa. I remember enjoying such a beautiful bathroom in Bali, everything was open aired and the shower was exactly like yours!
You brought up lovely memories and your work is perfection as usual.
IO sincerely hope that you won't leave us for long again
Rosanna

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

How lovely to "see" you again! I missed you. You have not lost your artistry at all, your spa is a tiny paradise!!

Lize said...

Thank you Rosanna! I am happy to see you! I wish I have time again for minis because it is so relaxing and good to be creative too.

Lize said...

Thank you Susan@minicrothetmad - if only I had your nimble fingers! There is no way I can make things as small as you!

miniacollection said...

I'm so happy to see you back with this wonderful scene. It is just perfect, I love it. I hope to see more miniatures from you.
Geneviève

Lize said...

Thank you very much Geneviève, you have been creating inspiring miniature scenes all through my long break! I have been taking note of all the lovely creations. :)

Daydreamer said...

OOOhh, what a gorgeous spa!!! I would love to come for a treatment! Your work is Exquisite! No matter if you have been absent for a while.... what you share here is wonderful!!! All the details are just right! I adore the tiny shells.... I hope you find time to show more! (I was just starting to blog when you stopped... so I hope you will come visit my blog!)

Maria said...

You made me smile and relaxed. Love your story with the awesome pictures....what a nice little scene. Gorgious orchidees too. Me too was away from blogland for a while...so catching up.
hugs
Maria

JDayMinis said...

Terrific you have been blogging again Lise, I noticed it has been 7 months since I posted, time sure flies. What a terrific spa with all the wonderful details, beautiful. Hugs, Jean

Katherine said...

This is just lovely - and I swear I could smell fragrance of the lemongrass soap. Somehow I need to shrink myself to fit on the message table.

Wonderful job and I hope to see you again soon, too. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Current Visitors

FLAG COUNTER

free counters